Two time Senator, Godswill Akpabio has his ways of putting smiles on the face of his wife, Ekaette Unoma and this he did when she celebrated her birthday recently.
As the former Governor of Akwa Ibom hosted few friends and family members to the occasion of his wife’s first day, here are few details a close associate of the family dropped.
- Mrs Ekaette Unoma Akpabio, who was a year older was treated to a birthday bash by her darling husband, Godswill Akpabio.
- Eka Esit Mbom, as she is fondly called, is a loving and lovable creature of God.
- June 9 has always been special for Mrs. Unoma Akpabio and her lovely family and this year was not an exception.
- This year, rather than throw a lavish party, Mrs. Akpabio decided to have a close-knit celebration with her family and friends at their Abuja home.
- To Mrs. Akpabio, celebrating one’s birthday is essential, but helping others, especially the less privileged, is more important.
- She believes wealth is given by God to whom He pleases, and whatever is given to you by God is not for your benefit alone, but for others.
- The former first lady believes in service to humanity and giving hope to the hopeless.
- Her pet project, Family Life Enhancement Program (FLEP) has been a channel of joy for the less privileged and the down-trodden. She has given hope to indigent students, widows, the homeless, traders, the sick, among others, all of whom have benefited immensely from her various humanitarian endeavours.
- Interestingly, Mrs. Akpabio detests any form of noise-making about her noble self or her philanthropic gestures; she doesn’t blow her trumpets, despite all she has achieved in that aspect.
- She is ever passionate about helping others. She has, in similar manner, been a pillar of support to her husband in his political journey.