Suleiman Achimugu is the first Nigerian victim of the coronavirus
The former managing director of the Pertroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC) Suleiman Achimugu reportedly died from complications he suffered via the epidemic on Monday, March 23.
Nigeria recorded its first death as the number of confirmed cases of the dreaded coronavirus reaches 36.
He was said to have returned from the UK about two weeks ago and after his death, his family members are said to be quarantined.
— Roberts Isaac Lewis (@Official_Lewis1) March 23, 2020
According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) which confirmed the news on Monday, Aghimugu had other underlying ailments.
Below are 7 things you need to know about the late Achimugu
1. He died at the age of 67
2. He hailed from Kogi state
3. He was the former managing director of the Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC)
4. He was said to be undergoing chemotherapy for cancer.
5. He tested positive and was evacuated to the specialist hospital, Gwagwalada in Abuja but died while receiving treatment.
6. He was said to have returned from the United Kingdom two weeks ago.
7. He has been buried according to Islamic rites