Suspected hoodlums have set ablaze the head office of The Nation Newspaper at Matori in Lagos on fire.
The development comes hours after the head office of Television Continental (TVC) was torched.
Bola Tinubu, national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is believed to be the main target of the attacks.
Earlier in the morning thugs have arrived the Ikosi Ketu premises of Nigerian broadcast station TVC, and as at the time of filing this report, the irate youths are destroying everything in sight.
CyberReporters can confirm to you that the station is currently off air.
Although reasons for the attack is yet to be confirmed, there are speculations that the station is owned by former Lagos state governor Bola Tinubu.
The former Lagos State governor spoke on Wednesday morning in a telephone interview with Channels Television monitored by The PUNCH.
— TheCable (@thecableng) October 21, 2020
He condemned the action allegedly perpetrated by the Nigerian Army, saying, “Why will they use live bullets?
“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that.”
Tinubu also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company, the firm which manages the tollgate.
“I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate,” he said.
Continuing, the APC chieftain said, “We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests.”
Tinubu said he refuted the allegations and “appealed to the youths” and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters.
“That was why he (Sanwo-Olu) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them.
“He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked.”