The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Bello Matawalle of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) winner of Zamfara state governorship election.
Matawalle had scored 189,452 to emerge second in the governorship election as the Supreme Court sacked the APC candidate who was earlier declared winner by INEC.Here, Cyber Reporters look at the profile of the Zamfara incoming governor.
1. He is 49 years old; born in Maradun Local Government Area of Zamfara on December 12, 1969.
2. He studied at the Yaba College of Technology, Lagos and Thames Valley University, London.
3. He has been a political player both at the federal and state levels for several years.
4. From May 19i99 to 2003, he served as Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Commissioner for Environment, Rural Development and then Commissioner for Youth and Sports.
5. He once served as a commissioner and member of the House of Representatives.
7. The March 9 governorship election was his first shot at becoming a governor.
8. On May 24, the APC lost its bid to govern Zamfara State for the next four years as the Supreme Court ruled that it did not conduct valid primaries field candidate for the 2019 general elections.
9. Barely 24 hours later, INEC declared Matawalle winner of the election.